Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blogroll Change: Bye Bye LGF

Not that it will make a whit of difference to the world, but I've removed my Little Green Footballs link in the Blogroll.

I still pretty much agree with Charles Johnson on most things and will be visiting his site as always. I just think the site, while suitably ardent on most of Johnson's 'causes', is too overwrought on the Evolution vs. Creationism issue. I don't think I even materially disagree with Johnson on Evolution, but his postings on the subject seem to be taking on an ever-increasing 'religious' fervor on what should be discussed in terms that are serious, scientific, and calm. Today's strained and ill-considered parsing of what is best described as imprecise statements by Rush Limbaugh on Darwinism have pushed things over the top for me.

I think Mr Johnson's views on some things are ill-informed (Anthropogenic Global Warming for example), but honest disagreement isn't off-putting - unlike hyperventilating on one side of an issue about others hyperventilating on the other side of the same issue.

I would recommend to Mr Johnson. Prof. Laurence Principe's lecture series Science & Religion for a more reasoned critique of Creationism as a false science.

Update 05/20/09 @2120 Hrs:
Well gee whiz.... One day after LGF jumps all over El Rushbo for his pointing out that the big 'Fossil Evidence for Human Evolution' story as being basically little more than hype, some scientists reinforce Rush's point . Article at link complete with today's OTT (Over the Top) Google header reference.

No comments: